Join The cpvaa
find out more
The Commercial Passenger Vehicle Association of Australia (CPVAA) is a peak body for owners, drivers and stakeholders in the Commercial Passenger Vehicle industry. We are a non-profit body run by members, for members.
Become part of an industry group working for a better industry.
about the cpvaa
The Commercial Passenger Vehicle Association of Australia works to give a voice to members in state and federal government. Our objectives:
- to consider and deal with all questions and issues involving the CPV industry;
- promote, support and propose legislative or other measures affecting the CPV industry;
- campaign to improve driver/owner remuneration levels;
- protect the rights of drivers and owners working into the industry;
- promote ideas and programs to assist in maintaining a high industry standard for CPVAA members.
UBER CLASS ACTION
The CPVAA has been active in bringing a class action against Uber with Maurice Blackburn lawyers on behalf of participants in the taxi, hire-car, limousine and charter vehicle industry. We urge all taxi and hire car drivers, operators and licence owners to get on board and register their interest.
Commercial Passenger Vehicle Reforms Inquiry
ON-DEMAND WORKFORCE INQUIRY
The industry we represent has gone through many upheavals, changes and ideals over the past decade. The name Commercial Passenger Vehicle
Association of Australia (CPVAA) is synonymous with the taxi and hire car industry in Victoria, as the government refers to these vehicles as commercial passenger vehicles.
We asked lawyers from Maurice Blackburn for an industry update on where the case was at. Registered participants in the class action against Uber will receive regular email updates from the lawyers.read more
The 2019 CPVAA Industry Information Day will be help on 20 Setpember at the Oakleigh Carnegie RSL from 10am.read more